Club Legend Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Award details:
Club Legend – The Viva Energy Geelong Refinery Sports Award
The Club Legend Award is conducted by Viva Energy Australia Pty Ltd (we, us, Viva Energy) ABN 46 004 610 459 of Level 16, 720 Bourke Street, Docklands VIC 3008.
There are 3 Club Legend award categories:
- Club Legend – Community- : Open to people (excluding Viva Energy employees and contractors) over the age of 16 of both genders provided they meet the eligibility requirements. Selected by Panel.
- Club Legend- People’s Choice: Open to people (excluding Viva Energy employees and contractors) over the age of 16 of both genders provided they meet the eligibility requirements. Selected by Public vote on Club Legend website page.
- Club Legend – Employee: Open to Viva Energy employees, provided they meet the eligibility requirements. Selected by Panel.
2. Who can be nominated (eligibility requirements)?
Any non-professional, volunteer sportsperson or administrator associated with an incorporated sports club in the Greater Geelong region.
Greater Geelong region includes the suburbs listed below:
Anakie, Armstrong Creek, Avalon, Balliang, Barwon Heads, Batesford, Bell Park, Bell Post Hill, Bellarine, Belmont, Breakwater, Breamlea, Ceres, Clifton Springs, Connewarre, Corio, Curlewis, Drumcondra, Drysdale, East Geelong, Fyansford, Geelong, Geelong West, Grovedale, Hamlyn Heights, Herne Hill, Highton, Indented Head, Lara, Leopold, Little River, Lovely Banks, Manifold Heights, Mannerim, Marcus Hill, Marshall, Moolap, Moorabool, Mount Duneed, Newcomb, Newtown, Norlane, North Geelong, North Shore, Ocean Grove, Point Lonsdale, Point Wilson, Portarlington, Rippleside, South Geelong, St Albans Park, St Leonards, Staughton Vale, Swan Bay, Thomson, Wallington, Wandana Heights, Waurn Ponds, Whittington.
- Nominees must be aged 16 and over and must have given consent to be nominated.
- Nominees must be non-professional, non-financial members of a structured sports club in the Greater Geelong region. They must be volunteers and can be participants, or administrators.
- Sport, has been defined by the Australian Sports Commission as ‘A human activity capable of achieving a result requiring physical exertion and/or physical skill which, by its nature and organisation, is competitive and is generally accepted as being a sport’. The sport associated with the nominated club must be in line with this definition. This will be at the discretion of the judges and their decision will be final.
- Finalists from the 2017 Club Legend – Community award, (other than the Winner, Runner up, and People’s Choice winner), can be nominated again for the Club Legend – Community award in 2018
- Viva Energy employees and contractors are not eligible to be nominated for the Club Legend – Community award.
- Viva Energy employees are eligible to be nominated in the Club Legend – Employee category only. Viva Energy employees can also nominate people for the Club Legend – Community award.
3. Who can nominate
- Anyone over the age of 16 years old.
- You can nominate yourself.
- You can nominate more than one person.
- Viva Energy employees and contractors are eligible to nominate and vote on the Club Legend – People’s Choice winner (see details below).
- You do not need to live in the Greater Geelong region to nominate.
4. How to nominate:
- Nominations must be made on the official online nomination form at www.clublegend.com.au.
- Nominations must include a written statement addressing the criteria in each of the sections of the online nomination form.
- An image or video must also be supplied.
When to participate:
- The nomination period commences on 27 June, 2018 at 12:00am AEST and concludes on 3 August, 2018 at 11.59pm AEST.
- Nominations must be received by Viva Energy via the online nomination form prior to the competition close date and time (editorial coverage of a person is not a substitute for a valid nomination being lodged and editorial coverage of a person does not mean that a valid nomination has been lodged in relation to that person. Similar coverage also does not mean the nomination will be a finalist).
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the valid nomination form is received by Viva Energy, not at the time of transmission by the nominating person.
- Viva Energy accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected nominations including delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The voting period for the ‘Club Legend – People’s Choice’ will be open from 12am, 8 August 2018 until 11.59pm, 2 September 2018.
- The finalists for the Club Legend – Community and the Club Legend – Employee categories will be decided by a group of selected Viva Energy employees.
- There will be a panel of no less than eight judges selected from the Geelong community to determine the overall winner and runner up of the Club Legend – Community category and the winner of the Club Legend – Employee category.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be up to 20 finalists for the Club Legend – Community award and up to five finalists for the Club Legend – Employee award. The final number will be at the discretion of the judges.
- The judging panel will award:
- one winner and one runner up for the Club Legend – Community award; and
- one winner for the Club Legend – Employee award.
- A Club Legend – People’s Choice winner will be voted by the general public via the Website. If this selection is a draw, there will be two People’s Choice winners announced.
- The awards process will be independently audited.
- The Club Legend winners and runner up will be judged on their demonstration of four ‘Club Legend’ criteria
- Role at club and length of service
- Promotion of inclusiveness of the club
- Strength as a role model
- Overall impact on the community
Prizes and Awards:
- Club Legend – Community – winner = $5,000 for themselves and $5,000 for their club
- Club Legend – Community – runner up= $2,000 for themselves and $2,000 for their club
- Club Legend – People’s Choice winner= $2,000 for themselves and $2,000 for their club
- Club Legend – Employee winner = $2,000 for themselves and $2,000 for their club
- Remaining finalists = $1,000 for themselves and $1,000 for their club
- Awards Dinner: All finalists (plus one guest) will be invited to a prestigious dinner to recognise winners and clubs.
- All entrants authorise, subject to receipt of prior written notification, Viva Energy to use the information contained in entries (other than confidential information) for any purposes it sees fit including, but not necessarily limited to, promotional purposes.
- Without limiting the generality of clause 8a, and subject to proper acknowledgement being given to the relevant entrant, all entrants authorise Viva Energy to publish details of their entry, including (but not limited to) contact names and photos. Viva Energy will not use the personal information of entrants for any other purpose without prior consent of the entrant, or unless authorised or required to do so by law.
- Entrants acknowledge that they may be required for presentations and media interviews in respect of their entry and agree to take all reasonable steps to make themselves available for, and actively participate in, such presentations or media interviews.
- If you are an award finalist, you agree to attend all awards presentation events and other awards events that we notify you about, and agree to assist in publicising the Club Legend award as requested by Viva Energy.
- At any time Viva Energy reserves the right to disqualify entries in the Club Legend Award for non-compliance with these Terms.
- If you, your club or your representatives are involved in any conduct or activity in any way (including of a personal nature) that:
- is illegal;
- is fraudulent;
- may harm Viva Energy Australia’s name or reputation;
- breaches these Terms,
We may, in our discretion, withdraw any award and associated prizes that you have received. If requested by us, you agree to no longer publically promote yourself or your club as being associated with the Award, or Viva Energy. This clause survives the expiration of these Terms.